Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Meet Rick & Lacey Prieto - 2019 ITC Instructors

40th Anniversary

2019 UFAF

International Training Conference, Annual UFAF Gala

and World Championships

Prieto

Rick & Lacey Prieto 2019 ITC Instructors

FIGHTING BLOCKS-STREET STRIKES

FIGHTING BLOCKS that are not normally taught in traditional Karate but can be used in tournament competition and the street. 360 Blocks, double arm blocks, parries, cover blocks, rhino blocks, offensive and defensive jams, etc. STREET STRIKES that are not used in tournaments but should be used for survival in a street confrontation. Snapping front kicks, elbows, eye strikes, knees, inverted stomps, headbutts, palm heel strikes, palm strikes, throat strikes, etc.
RICK PRIETO - Black Belt #42
I Started Karate with the Chuck Norris Studios in Nov. 1968 in Sherman Oaks, CA and got my 1st Degree Black Belt in Feb. 1972. I started assisting a little in class within the first 6 months because my 40-50 hrs. of training per month gave me the knowledge to help new students, I’ve been assisting or teaching ever since.
I became Head Instructor at the Granada Hills, CA studio and soon after Aaron Norris came in as Program Director to manage the office, he and I lived together on and off for about 8 years.
Aaron Norris and I went to Virginia in 1974 to start and run the Chuck Norris Studio in Norfolk and I ended up staying for 7 years. We started a 2nd studio, after about 2 years, in Virginia Beach. We brought in Mr. Ed Saenz and Mr. Raul Hernandez to help. As a result, Mr. John Kurek, Mr. Robert Sapp, and Mr. Roy White, who were our students, became some of our most amazing students and instructors.
I’ve done several films with Mr. Norris and some Walker Texas Ranger shows, along with several demonstrations including the opening for Bruce Lee’s ‘Enter The Dragon’ at the Grauman’s Chinese theater in Hollywood.
I got my first 2 trophies at Mr. Norris’ 4 Seasons Tournament from Bruce Lee. Mr. Norris, Mr. Bob Wall, Mr. Mike Stone, and Bruce Lee put on the tournament. I eventually went back to CA. and started my own studios, one in Tarzana and one In Studio City. While in CA. I worked out with Mr. Norris 5-6 days a week for 3 - 3.5 hrs. every day except Sunday for years, so we have quite a history together.
I started doing more films when I got back to CA. but then Mr. Norris asked if I could help with the ‘Kick Drugs Out Of America’ program, now called Kickstart, in Houston. So after about 7 years in CA., I moved to Texas, where I kicked off the Kick Drugs Out Of America program in Houston and worked it for 3 ½ years after which Mr. Saenz took over.
I started a Karate School in 1990, in the Woodlands, TX, where I still live, and still teach daily.
I started with BJJ in 1988-89 and incorporated it into my classes ever since and now also teach Krav Maga after earning my Krav Maga Black Belt in Dec. 2017.
After 50+ years I still love what I do and am learning all the time.
LACEY PRIETO 3rd Degree Red Belt Karate of the Woodlands School Co-Owner
I was born on March 10th, 1985, so I have the same birthday as our Grand Master, Mr. Chuck Norris. I’m a twin, so my Dad and Mr. Norris both have boy and girl twins, they must both be drinking the same water.
I began my involvement in the Martial Arts at 19 by helping my father run his Woodlands, TX Karate OF The Woodlands school. At that time, I was the Office Manager and handled all marketing, staff training, payroll and overall operations in the school, including running the office. I trained in martial arts for several years with my dad until age 24 and then made a move to Houston, TX to further my Real Estate career.
I worked and lived in Houston for 10 years and then recently relocated back to The Woodlands. Upon my relocation, I decided to leave Corporate America and pursue another avenue in real estate as a Realtor, along with becoming co-owner and partners with my father at our Karate of the Woodlands school.
I also made the decision to continue my training and pursue my Black Belt and am now actively training and helping my dad run the studio. My goal is to attend the convention next year with my Black Belt.
***

UFAF ITC, Annual Gala & World Championships
July 11-14, 2019
Register by the end of May and break up the event cost over 2 easy payments.
Remember you must register by June 15th in order to receive the early bird discount!
***
42720144485 6bc4cdf424 k
42720148475 ddae99b34e k

A special part of our ITC event is the Master Rank Induction Ceremony. This event celebrates the achievement of students who are being promoted to the master rank of 5th-degree black belt. Each candidate gives an exciting performance, then the Master Rank jacket is passed from hand to hand from every UFAF Board member all the way to Mr. Norris, who then puts it on the new Master Rank. It is exciting and inspirational to watch the years of hard work and training get recognized in that special moment.
29746109078 5692b525e2 k
***
Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 8.03.25 AM
Watch the 2018 MRIC performances
Exterior Pool 13

To reserve your room, CLICK HERE or call the South Point Hotel at 866-791-7626 and use the group code UNI2019

No comments:

Post a Comment